|(c) Flickr User Tim/Selena Middleton|
Do you/have you ever nursed in public or are you a private nurser?
I pride myself on being able to nurse anywhere without showing everything to everyone and without covering up my baby either. I’ve practiced a lot and can nurse, often without anyone knowing what I’m doing. I thought I’d make a list up of the places in public I’ve ever nursed.
This is mostly for my curiosity but I hope it also encourages other nursing moms to try breastfeeding wherever they are, instead of hiding in a corner or worse, a bathroom to feed their baby. Practice at home in front of a mirror to see how much you are showing.
After you check out the list, let me know if you’ve nursed in public somewhere I haven’t.
Places I’ve Nursed:
- Front Porch
- Back Porch
- Tim Hortons
- Burger King
- Highway Rest Stop
- By the Side of the Road
- On the front steps of a church
- Inside a church
- At a Girl Guide meeting
- At Girl Guide Camp
- At family camping
- At playgroup (which is in a school)
- On the bus
- At the bus stop
- At the beach
- At Jungle Cat World
- The Mall (thanks Canadian Coupon Mom for reminding me)
- In a pool (a few pools actually) (ADDED July 7)
- ?? I’m sure I’m forgetting some
So have you nursed somewhere I haven’t? Maybe you’ll help me remember something I’ve forgotten. Leave a comment!
Latest posts by Kathleen Bailey (Garber) (see all)
- What Parents Need to Know About BurnNote - April 11, 2017
- Kids Are Home for 2 Weeks? Don’t Worry #StreamTeam - December 23, 2016
- Gilmore Girls: Year in the Life or Fuller House Season 2 - December 15, 2016