Hi There! I’m Kathleen Garber, a SAHM of five, Girl Guide Leader and Blogger. I own multiple blogs which you can read about at my website, kathleengarber.com.
- I’m rocking my 30s
- I have three daughters, a son and a step-son.
- I am married to my husband Frank.
- We own a dog named Kratos.
- I love chocolate and can never get enough!
- My favourite food is poutine but I’m picky with how I like it.
- I’m a bookworm but I prefer nonfiction.
- I’m a computer geek, I love being on the computer and most of my computer skills are self-taught.
- I love animals. I am not sure if I’m a dog person or a cat person because I love both for different reasons.
- I love learning. If someone around me is taking a course, I want to see their manual or talk about what they are learning. I love trivia games, and reading trivia books and learning new skills. Most of my skills are self taught.
- I’m mostly a loner. I do like a few friends around me but I need time to myself a lot more. I prefer to be alone so I can do what I want to do, how I want to do it. I can work well with others when I have to though.
- I’m a Girl Guide leader and have been involved as a child, helper or leader since I was 6. I currently run a joint Sparks/Brownies unit.
- I love the idea of being organized and it bugs me when things are clean or organized but yet, my house is always messy. I don’t know why but I’ve always been better at cleaning/organizing other people’s stuff and homes rather than my own.
- I’m addicted to Iced Cappuccinos from Tim Hortons. I am not a coffee drinker but I love Iced Capps.
- I love camping BUT I prefer not to be outdoors in the dark. It has nothing to do with being afraid, I’ve played night games that involve being alone in the dark, hiding in the bush. I get eaten alive by mosquitos from March to November so bugs are a big part of it. I also hate not being able to read or see well.
- I have Bipolar II, a form of mental illness. I am currently on medication and I’ve been hospitalized too. I am a mental health advocate.
Nice to “Meet” You