There is more to ADHD than just the hyperactivity aspect and even that symptom can show in different ways which is why ADHD Awareness Week is so important.
Are You ADHD Aware?
Are you SURE you know the symptoms and facts about ADHD? I thought I knew all about it till I checked out the infographic below.
(Keep Reading for a Giveaway)
Economic Impact of ADHD
The Centre for ADHD Awareness Canada (CADDAC) did some studies on the economic impact of ADHD and found some interesting stats. Highlights of their report are:
- Canada loses an estimated $6 billion to $11 billion annually through loss of workplace productivity.
- The Canadian cost of illness extrapolated at over $7 billion, exceeds the cost of major depressive disorders.
- Individuals with ADHD are more likely to enter the workforce as unskilled or semi-skilled workers; have greater periods of unemployment; change jobs more frequently; and earn considerably less money over their lifetime.
Most Canadians Don’t GET ADHD
Even more scary are some results from a general population study:
“In fact, most Canadians don’t GET ADHD, with only 12 per cent of survey respondents indicating that a child presenting with ‘hyperactive/impulsive symptoms’ may have ADHD. Instead, 27 per cent believe that parents employ poor discipline, 18 per cent suggest insufficient physical exercise and 17 per cent believe it is a result of being over-tired.” – CADDAC
To Help Raise Awareness of ADHD, the CADDAC is offering a prize pack to one lucky Canadian Winner.
- Cute ADHD (play off of AC/DC) t-shirt
- Seasonal greeting cards
- Copy of the hit documentary ADD and Loving It?! starring comedian Patrick McKenna and written and directed by awarding-winning comedian Rick Green
- Rick Green’s book ADD Stole My Car Keys.
|Prize||ADHD Prize Pack as listed above|
|Retail Value||Approx. $100|
|Open To||Canadian Residents 18+ (except Quebec)|
|Enter Until||Nov 1, 2013 11:59 PM EST|
|Other||You may enter at multiple blogs, but you can only win once. See full terms & conditions on rafflecopter form.|
Latest posts by Kathleen Bailey (Garber) (see all)
- Playing with Thumb Chucks - April 24, 2017
- What Parents Need to Know About BurnNote - April 11, 2017
- Kids Are Home for 2 Weeks? Don’t Worry #StreamTeam - December 23, 2016