Today I want to share with you another option for summer camp for your children.. Pioneer Camp.
There are four Pioneer Camps in Canada: British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba and Ontario. They are not all the same so you may not want to pick just based on location.
Alberta Pioneer – primarily focuses on horsemanship
Manitoba Pioneer – smallest of the pioneer camps, most extensive wilderness/tripping activities
Ontario Pioneer – Adventure Camp (ages 5-10, archery, mountain biking/wilderness, crafts) , Girl’s Camp/Boy’s Camp (Ages 7-16 – tripping/wilderness/weekly theme)
Pacific Pioneer (BC) – ocean-driven, whale watching, water sports + regular camp activities
Ontario Pioneer Camp also has niche camps:
- FUEL (14+, high ropes, rock wall, photography, video, archery etc.)
- 252 (14-15, step before LIT, service based, can earn OSSD credits for volunteering
- Genesis Extreme Camping (every day is different – whitewater rafting, rockface repelling etc.)
- Woodland Challenge (no technology, out in woods, hiking, fires etc.)
- Family Camp (no age restriction, 4 and under free, all camp activities)
- Special Needs (does not seclude special needs kids, but helps them join other children)
- Work Program (18-late 20s with special needs, job experience for their resume)
Both Circle Square Ranch and Pioneer Camp are giving away free camp sessions, Mabels Labels packs, Giftcards for Crossroads and the grand prize, a trip for two to Punta Cana! You can enter on both as each camp will be picking a winner.
The contest is open to Residents of Canada Only (Except Quebec) who are 13+. Those 13-18 must have parental consent to enter and to redeem prize. Full contest details including explanation of prizes and when they will be awarded are here. Contest ends on June 15, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
After you enter, share about the contest through twitter, facebook and email. You will receive another entry into the contest for every person who enters via your link. When you enter the contest, you will be able to choose one of their coupons to download (20% off new campers, 25% off $20 or more in merchandise at the camp, $5 off $50 purchase at Mabels Labels or $15 off an e-store purchase at Crossroads.)
*Disclosure: This post was compensated however all opinions and stories are my own. See my Disclosure Policy for more information.
Latest posts by Kathleen Bailey (Garber) (see all)
- What Parents Need to Know About BurnNote - April 11, 2017
- Kids Are Home for 2 Weeks? Don’t Worry #StreamTeam - December 23, 2016
- Gilmore Girls: Year in the Life or Fuller House Season 2 - December 15, 2016